The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

1975 - Roadworthy

Well ready at last to meet the Roadworthy man, and then next to the Ferntree Gully Police Station for registration. I had made an appointment with a Tester in The Basin for a Roadworthy, so after work one night set off for the 2 kilometre trip to the Service Station. Would happen to be a wet night and had a few moments as the brakes were only set in the garage up on blocks. A couple of slips and slides later I arrive at the Service Station, a bit concerned if he wants to take it for a test drive. Luckily for me he did not and gave me a pretty simple test. Roadworthy in hand, I slip and slide my way home to adjust the brakes as quickly as I could. The brakes would continue to be a problem on and off for many years, as my level of experience at that time did not involve realizing the softer the lining, the better the brakes would be. And remember they were not too flash at the best of times. Anyway all is in readiness for the next step, registration.

No comments:

Post a Comment