The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Day 36 - 28 Chev Ute Restoration (19th August 2015)

Three down, one to go.

Fitted the rear engine cross member today, one more crappy bit gone and replaced with good clean steel.

The inside chassis rail prepped, ready for etch primer and top coat under the contact areas



All lined up, starting to bolt up



We have a fitted cross member




Next I removed the cross member second from the rear, wire brushed the area and applied some rust buster to



These are some of the removed and discarded cross members, with rust in the contact areas that vindicates my decision to replace them all.


No comments:

Post a Comment