Kevin had made the rotisserie for painting purposes, and was lockable at 180 and 360 degrees. To make it easy to work on the chassis I made another 2 locking points, meaning the chassis can be locked at 3,6,9 and 12 oclock.
Thanks for that Kevin, very handy, and good on the back.
After the first wire brushing, the top edges of both rails looks pretty good, no major concerns
A little bit of pitting under the running board irons, but nothing serious.
I wanted to make sure there was no hidden rust between riveted sections, so I ground off the rivets on the gear box mounts and steering box mount, punched out the rivets, very happy with what I found, no concerns.
This will also make it easier to get the angle grinder wire brush into a few corners on the inside of the chassis rails
All in all pretty happy with the first day working on the chassis.
Tomorrow I will get wheels under the rotisserie to move it in and out of the garage.