The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

1928 Chev Wreck. In Desperate Need of a bit of TLC (or wrecking)

The following are pictures of a 28 tourer from Bendigo, in central Victoria, that I checked out last year. At the time my thoughts were if I purchased it, to keep the running gear and sell off everything else.

To my amazement it went for around $1,500, way over the top for my budget.

Needing a full restoration, with no doors, no bonnet and a lot of chassis rust this would be a challenging project, and costly.

The idea of importing a Chev from Stateside would seem a better proposition.

The last time I saw a wreck like the one below, it costed me $20 for the farmer to pull it out from the edge of a creek, and it was only good for a few parts.

But once again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and who knows, this little number from Bendigo may again hit the roads, who knows.









No comments:

Post a Comment