The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Day 82 - 28 Chev Ute Restoration (16th December 2015)

Very hot today, too hot to do any serious work in the shed, so I set about sorting out the next batch of parts to be reconditioned.

Disc Wheels
4 months back I had 2 of average condition, and was desperate to find more for the resto. With a couple of purchases and a donation I now have enough to select 5 good ones for the resto. The process will be to find the best 5 that run true.



 Cross brake shafts, rear axle hand brake shafts, rear hubs, brake drums front and rear. All received the molasses treatment a while back, and are awaiting the once over and a coat of paint.


The rear hubs that came with the ute were "flogged" out, but luckily amongst the spares that came with the ute was a serviceable set .


The rear drums are serviceable, but I will try and locate a set with more meat on them.



No comments:

Post a Comment