The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

2010 March - First Run with DVHCC

It was Sunday the 28th March 2010, and after having renewed my friendship with Les Francis, who played a big part in the life of my Chev in the early days, I was introduced by Les to the DVHCC in the form of a rally, which my wife Jan, and I attended as prospective new members.

http://www.dvhcc.com.au/

The weather was slightly overcast but still warm and was perfect for a motoring tour & observation questionnaire. After leaving Berwick we toured sections of the Dandenong Ranges.

Quiet roads led the touring cars through Emerald, Macclesfield, Yellingbo, Launching Place, Don Valley and Healesville finishing up at Maroondah Reservoir Park.


http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_display.cfm?park=140

It was a great first rally with a new club, and a bit of a reality check as the brakes overheated, and started to smoke coming down a hill. When I ran out of brakes I had no choice but to change down to second gear at the fasted ever yet attempted speed. Luckily I was able to get second gear, and avoided a possible unpleasant outcome.

When I arrived home I immediately started work on the brakes, and just as important the rear wooden spoke wheels that had become loose, again.












No comments:

Post a Comment