The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

28 Chev Truck from Dapto NSW (That earns it keep)

With all the postings I have put on this blog so far, I realized today one was missing. Kevin from Dapto in New South Wales, and his beautiful (and very fast 28 Chev truck).

Kevin's 28 is a daily driver that has been on the road since 1972 and is showing a few war wounds from carting bricks, sand, soil and car parts.

The 28 is often used to transport loads of car parts collected during various rallies,and has moved up to 2 1/2 tons of spares for the truck as well as Kev's 1927 & 1929 Oldsmobiles.


Over the last few years Kevin has helped me through some trying times with the Red Chev, and at times when I have tried everything I knew with no result, Kev would suggest try this, and bugger me it worked, problem solved.

So it goes without saying Kev's 28 truck is very reliable and has done more miles than I could ever dream about.

Being too big to be trailered to an event or rally Kev's truck has always made it to the events and home again under its own power.





















Nice truck Kev, and thanks for your help over the last few years, very much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Not being to rude here mate but how can this truck be called a 1928 Chev when it has the wrong front guards fitted, no valance panels at all, no rear guards or the proper running boards fitted and they look like incorrect headlights. Nice old "slow" looking truck BUT! you have a bit to go before you can call it a 28.

    ReplyDelete