The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Another "Used Look" 1928 Chevrolet

The following is from  http://montythe1928chevrolet.blogspot.com.au/

with additional comments by Ray 
Gidday,

Today when I opened up my signshop emails and quickly glanced down the list at my inbox I noticed one with the title "Birds of a Feather" which I thought was a little different and the opening sentence went like this:
Grant how are you?

No you don't know me but I have been reading your blog with great interest. I came across Ray's blog a couple of weeks ago and he has been a great help to me already by steering me towards some good parts suppliers and answering some of my dumb questions. I asked him when he plans to move up to Queensland so he can come round and share his knowledge firsthand.

Regards

Dale

He went on to say what plans he has for his old 1928 Chev, and yes it will be left "as is" and mechanically repaired as a driver with the same outcome as what we have done to Monty which was great to read as we need more "as is" old looking semi restored vehicles out and about on the roads.

Ray says "Oh no, not another as is one"

"Only joking, any Chev on the road is better than in the scrap yard"

It is good to hear from others who have got something out of my blog and also with the photos that I have listed on my blog during our resto process they are able to get the confidence and information to tackle their own rebuild one day..



No comments:

Post a Comment