The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk GT GT Golden Hawk

Found this on ebay....nice


1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk GT.  This is a fresh barn find, stored for 35 years.  The car is complete, straight, the only rust I found was above the drip rail on each roof side shown in pictures.  It has a supercharged 289 in it with automatic transmission, factory tack, and comes with the rear fins.  It has a McCulloch supercharger. 

All of the chrome is in excellent condition, it was removed when put in storage and stored in a house, along with the supercharger.  The supercharger turns over freely, I have not tried to turn the engine over as I did not want to damage it.  I had plans for a complete restoration but am moving and have no place to store it.  This is a very rare car and would be a relatively easy restoration. 

The interior is also complete, the seats seem in good shape and covering looks like it could be cleaned and saved.  The hubcaps are also in excellent condition, also has dual antenna's and dual chrome exhaust tips.





















 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment