The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Start Them Young I say

Just inducting my grand kids as the next generation of Chev fanciers.

Today's lesson was  "Discovering the klaxton horn"





1 comment:

  1. They will remember this forever. When I was a little bigger than these two, A friend up the street had this old car. I don't know what it was. The thing I remember most was the small box under the running board. You opened the door on it and inside was a fold out faucet with hot and cold running water to wash your hands after you changed a tire. I've never seen or heard of this since. It really made an impression.
    Don

    ReplyDelete