The following article and pictures are courtesy of Lars Kneller, the president of:
The Cadillac & LaSalle Club
Cadillac has set the standard for automotive excellence since 1902 when Henry Leland persuaded the owners of a failing Detroit car company to reorganize and build cars using his precision-
designed and manufactured engine.
Cadillac was born and named after the French adventurer who founded Detroit. Today, more than 100 years later, Cadillac remains the pacesetter for automotive design performance and luxury. From the first high-volume production V-8 engine, the first Synchro-Mesh transmission and the first V-16 engine, to the de Ville, the Eldorado, the Escalade and CTS-V, Cadillac carries on the tradition of quality established by Henry Leland.
The Cadillac & LaSalle Club was established in 1958 to encourage the preservation of early Cadillacs and LaSalles. Today, the club promotes the development, collection, publication and exchange of helpful information pertaining to Cadillac and LaSalle. More than 7,000 members around the world own, preserve, exhibit, drive and enjoy more than 18,000 collectible automobiles built by Cadillac.