The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

1933 Chev ( A Nice Example)

This little beauty is on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1933-chevrolet-master-4-door-/110965389173?forcev4exp=true

 Here for sale is a 1933 Chevrolet Master 4 Door. This is a completely original vehicle. The only thing not original is the color of the wheels. They were orange and I had them painted black and installed new tubes and Firestone WW tires.

The motor is a 191cu.in 6 cylinder,single carb. The transmission is the original 3 speed manual stick on the floor. The car was in running order before I put it in storage and pulled the starter motor out of it back in June 2010. I had it running the day I pulled the starter. I bought this 33 back in 2000 and drove it home, so it could be rolling without a problem.

The interior was complete when I bought it, but I have removed the headliner and door panels. they were original and dried out(mohair). The canvas roof has been removed as well. The seats are solid. The body and floor is rust-free.All of the original glass is intact (left rear cracked).

I have replaced the following parts: tires,tubes,ignition switch NOS,6 volt coil NOS,rebuilt fuel pump NOS parts,new battery,and I have new brake lining(not installed). Very Complete Car! Everything Works! Buyer responsible for transporting vehicle once paid for.






No comments:

Post a Comment