Grant covers the day in more detail in his blog http://montythe1928chevrolet.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/our-last-sunday-in-resto-shed.html?spref=fb
but let me just give you a brief overview.
Both Lady luck, and the Vintage car gods were smiling down on us, as we completed the following with apparent ease, and no complications
1. Stripped the headlight switch and fitted a new face.
2. Fitted a high / Dim resister on the headlight switch
3. Wired up the wiper (yes that's a single)
4. Fitted a battery hold down clamp
5. Shortened the battery to starter switch cable.
6. Fitted and wired up a battery kill switch.
7. Took Monty for a test drive. Ah yes, the test drive. There were 4 of us present, Monty, Grant, myself, and the RAIN. The fourth member played an increasing part in the proceedings as the drive went on.
Let me illustrate our "test drive" today with 5 videos, and despite the rain, it was a lot of fun.
These may be boring to some, but for the 2 crazy guys out in the rain, it was a great way to finish not only a good day in the resto shed, but to celebrate a milestone with Monty the 1928 Chev.
Yeh, who needs a hood?